- This event has passed.
Learn to Teach Yin Yoga, Part 1
Sat., May 14, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Successful completion of a YA accredited 200 hour YTT program
- Review of “The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga” by Bernie Clark (required text)
- No experience teaching Yin is required, although we recommend taking at least 10 Yin Yoga classes prior to enrolling
- Benefits of Yin Yoga and how to describe those benefits to interested students
- Basic understanding of the meridians from Traditional Chinese Medicine and how Yin Yoga utilizes these concepts
- Basic understanding of Western physiological concepts and how these apply to Yin Yoga
- Vocabulary of Yin Yoga poses and how to use blankets and blocks to support the practice
- How to sequence a Yin Yoga class
- Special considerations in the practice of Yin Yoga for certain populations
In addition, this intensive will include two Yin Yoga practice sessions as well as the opportunity to guide the group through a yin yoga pose.