- This event has passed.
Mindful Meetup for Tweens Series
Sun., March 15 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm$35.00
A Three-Part Mindfulness Workshop for Ages 10-13(ish)!
Our kids are coming of age in a fast-paced and often-chaotic world. Scientific research supports what yogis have known for centuries: practicing mindfulness helps kids develop important tools to understand themselves and interact with their ever-changing environment.
Each class will include:
- Interactive and lively concentration games
- Brief discussion of the brain
- Fun breathing exercises
- A variety of short meditation practices (not all meditation involves sitting quietly on a cushion!)
- An art project that relates to our class theme (mini zen gardens, Tibetan prayer flags, etc.)
- Mindfulness games
- Ancient tales and truths for a modern world
January 26 – Identity “Tricky, Sticky Labels”
February 23 – Interconnectedness “The All is in the One”
March 15 – Compassion “A Peaceful Heart”
$35 total for all three sessions (scholarships available)
All classes take place at Root Center for Yoga & Sacred Studies (617 N. 17th Street, Suite 200)
Parents may drop-off, join us, or attend a donation-based yoga class for adults.
Register by Saturday, January 18th.
Questions? Contact Sarah Pont at email@example.com